Our Response to COVID-19
Updated: Tuesday May 26, 2020
Please note optometry services are currently only available in BC and Alberta. We are closely monitoring the situation in Ontario and will look to Government and Optometry officials for further guidance.
At this time we are not able to accept walk-in appointments for our Ontario locations and will be providing emergency services such as repairs, exchanges and urgent dispensing only. For more information on available services per location, please visit the store page directly.
Any updates to store operations will be announced here.
Updated: Thursday May 21, 2020
Following official guidelines, we are excited to be able to safely welcome you back into some of our locations across Canada with new hours. As always, the safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority, so we are putting in additional processes and will be operating our stores differently than usual to ensure cleanliness and social distancing measures are observed at all times. Due to the ever changing circumstances our processes may change weekly, we will update this page as often as necessary.
Operating hours across all stores will be Monday to Saturday from 12 pm to 6 pm and closed on Sundays.
What’s changed and how to prepare for your visit:
You may book an appointment ahead of time on our website for any optometry services or in-store retail assistance. We will be accepting walk-in visits, however there will be a limit of 2 customers in store at a time and entry is subject to capacity.
Book an optometry or in-store retail appointment here.
Please note optometry services are currently only available in BC and Alberta. We are closely monitoring the situation in Ontario and will look to Government and Optometry officials for further guidance. Any updates to store operations will be announced here.
To help keep your time in store as efficient as possible, we encourage you to pre-shop for frames and styles online at baileynelson.com.
Starting May 19th, we are introducing the following measures into our store operations to ensure safety is top of mind for both customers and our team.
- Abiding by social distancing rules in-store
- Disinfecting all worn frames after use
- Allowing 2 customers in store at a time
- Booking eye exams with additional time to allow for no customer crossover and proper disinfection of equipment
- PPE provided for staff
- Hand sanitizing and cleaning stations around the store
- Screening patients before eye exams
We will be offering the following optometry services:
- Complete eye health exams
- Complete contact lens exams
- Ocular emergencies
- Eye exams for over 65 and under 19
- Prescription and Contact Lens follow up
We will be offering the following retail services:
- Repair, adjustment and cleaning of Bailey Nelson glasses and sunglasses
- Sunglasses and frame selection
- Lens recommendations and dispensing of all single vision and progressive lenses
- Sales and benefit claims
- Contact lens ordering
- Gift card sales and redemption
- Exchanges or refunds
All orders may be picked up in store or shipped directly to you, free of charge.
We are so excited to have you in store and hope to see you soon!