We set big goals and take initiative to improve BN and the customer experience.
We are comfortable being ourselves and create places where people want to be through our warmth, humility, confidence and respectfulness.
We achieve as a team - plain and simple.
View the latest roles available with us in Retail, Optometry and the Support Office.
Join our retail team with stores in BC, ON, AB, MB and SK.
We have optometrists in every store in BC, ON, AB, MB and SK.
Our office is based in Vancouver.
- Get to do something purposeful and joyful everyday. We don't just sell glasses. We help people see and look great
- Be part of a youthful, energetic, empowering culture
- You will work in a modern and fresh store environment or office
- You will never be bored - we don't do cookie cutter and optics is a never ending learning experience
- Help shape a global company
- Have the opportunity to grow and develop
- Participate in rewarding incentive programs
We make it easy to start and run your own practice because we provide:
- A fully equipped exam room plus pretest equipment
- Online booking, recall and EMR systems
- Staff support for reception, appointments and pre-testing
- Onboarding, practice management support and training to help you run and develop your office as part of a new and exciting business model
- The tools you need to optimize traffic and expand your clinic
I’m a native Calgarian. I graduated from Midwestern University, Arizona College of Optometry in 2017 followed by a Peds/VT residence at SCO. While working at a VT oriented private practice in Calgary I started working extra days as an associate at the Kensington Bailey Nelson. I found myself truly enjoying myself at work and in October 2019 when the opportunity arose to become the Lead OD at Chinook, I took it. This has been a really positive decision in my life & I have been very happy since. In my spare time I enjoy trying new restaurants, reading a good book or spending time with my family and friends.
What makes you love working here?
There is the culture. It is a great culture of inclusivity. BN encourages me to be myself at all times, which has been wonderful. There is a feeling of Community. Having a large number of authentic & personable colleagues is a good feeling. It's nice to have other OD's in a parallel role to talk to about work & life. We have had several social events (previously to COVID) and it’s been really enjoyable to get to know the Calgary OD's. I look forward to when we can get back to doing this again! I feel Supported. The feeling that I'm not an island because of the support from BN’s support office & the support from my local team. We each have goals & work in tandem to achieve them. I really appreciate when I hear them asking customers if they've had a recent eye exam. It's awesome to know they also view customers as potential patients for me. Lastly, BN is constantly trying to improve & grow.... because of this, I feel like feedback is taken seriously, valued and used to make positive change.